Nov 13, 2012

Never a time for anything

It's almost noon and I still haven't had breakfast, still haven't taken a bath, and still haven't started on those 10 articles I need to finish before 8pm. I am still trying to pry my thoughts away from crawling back to bed. My partner is already up and cooking for us but me? With less than 6 hours of sleep, I feel dead tired.

It's fascinating how there just aren't enough hours in a day to do everything we need/want to do. First there's sleep, then the eating part, the taking a bath part, the working (oh no the working sucks all the life out of one sometimes), the dreaming, the crafting (or doing anything creative with your hands), the meeting up with clients, the hanging out with friends, the playing with your kids, the teaching your kids their homework, (and for some) the studying, and the partying and drinking at night... there's just too many things we all have to cram in a 24 hour day.

There's:
24 hours in 1 day
720 hours each in April, June, September, and November
672 hours in February
744 hours each in January, March, May, July, August, October, and December

8760 hours in 365 days
525, 600 minutes in a year
31, 536, 000 seconds


And in my 25 years of living, I probably spent about 148, 920 hours wishing for more.

Forgive my obsession with numbers. I'm a writer who loves unending computations. I sometimes think I should have been an accountant instead.


8760 hours in 365 days