Jan 20, 2013

WanderrGirl Blogging Prompt 2: List 5 things you dare to do this 2013

Over the years, I have become quite a "listographer" - apart from making lists on the site (Listography), I have continuously scribbled lists and lists and lists of a few hundred things. In fact, when looking at old notebooks and journals, what stands out the most are the lists of things I have intended to do. 

Unfortunately, not all the items listed down have been crossed out. Some of the lists I made were:
25 things to do while I'm 25
Marikina restaurants to visit
30-Day Challenges
Daily to-do's
Craft supplies to hoard (ay, BUY pala)
Writing prompts
Birthday party ideas
...it just goes on and on and on.

It's taken me until now to figure out why I cannot seem to check off ALL the items on my list - these aren't DOABLE DARES.


I mean, yeah sure there's the occasional "reach for the stars if you fail you'll land on the clouds" type of dares. But seriously, seriously, seriously. It's like what I want to do is just so far out or it's something I just never have the guts to actually start doing. (Because of time constraints, wallet empty woes, later-na-lang attitude... in short, MAKA-RASON LANG.) Imagine, I have been listing "travel to Paris" in almost all my lists tapos WALA NAMAN AKONG PASSPORT! Hahaha. It's funny but at the same time it's really really sad.  I guess it's just that I've been stuck in the same routine ever since I started studying/working/living.  

So now let's do things a bit (a LOT) differently. Ready?

There is no challenge more challenging than the challenge to improve yourself. -- Michael F. Staley

This 2013 I DARE MYSELF TO:


Calligraphy done by my talented blogging partner GN
Try my hand at calligraphy. I've always been meaning to attend calligraphy workshops but I just can't seem to find the perfect time to do so. Maybe I'll just get some calligraphy pen&ink set and practice by myself or something. 

from The Telegraph UK
Not shop or dine out for 1 month. I'm hoping that I achieve this dare because I have just gotten a new laptop, new shoes, and new books that I guess I'm well-stocked for the coming month. Besides, I figured all my savings will be going to the HK Disneyland trip my daughter requested for her 6th birthday so...bye bye shopping.

At 25, these are the only books I have :(
Read 30 books. I have actually already started this. So far, this 2013 I have read: Paper Towns and An Abundance of Katherines (John Green), Twisted  1/2 (Jessica Zafra), and The Lover's Dictionary (David Levithan). Plus, I just recently bought a book by Chelsea Handler, a sort-of biography of Tori Amos (a hardbound cover for only P120 - such a steal!), Twisted 9, and a book on cats.

from the IMMAP Digital Marketing facebook page
Attend and complete a Digital Marketing/Social Media class. As part of today's digital marketing world, I find it very important to learn as much as I can about this world. My work experience has given me a brief background on this but it's still a big advantage having an actual "certification" for your stock knowledge.

from Digital Temple
Produce an online magazine. Part of the prompt was to take one of your partner's "dares" and list it as your own. My blogging partner GN listed this as one of her dares and I was like, "Wow, oo nga naman why didn't I think of this before??? Late last year, I was talking to one of my college best friends about wanting to produce an online magazine. Although, again, time constraints, budget constraints, blahblah. Kaya ngayon na pinili ko to, aba magawa na nga!

It's so important to believe in yourself. Believe that you can do it, under any circumstances. Because if you believe you can, then you really will. That belief just keeps you searching for the answers, and then pretty soon you get it. -- Wally Amos
★★