Nov 15, 2011

Alexei's Diner & Cafe

Bes picked me up from work earlier so we could grab a quick lunch before she goes to work and I head home to sleep. So we \went straight to Marikina and decided to just have a really late lunch at one of those quaint little cafes. I'm a big fan of the Marikina Food Trip blog and that's where I learned about all these great Marikina food finds (I've listed as a to do in my listography - not even halfway through this list) and one of which, is Alexei's Diner & Cafe.


 the really wide open smoking area


a little snap at the interiors 



and then, the GLORIOUS FOOD

Beef Stroganoff

Seafood Aligue Pasta

Spicy Barbecue Wings

The food was amazing. And it's not just because we were both hungry. No. It was just heavenly. The beef in bes' pasta dish was so juicy and tender. And I could really taste the Aligue in mine. (I had to add hot sauce to it, though. I'm kind of used to spicy seafood pasta :P) Plus, since girlfriend and I were big fans of the almighty BBQ wings, we know when and if one's wings taste good. True enough, Alexei's didn't disappoint. Their wings had the perfect mix of all things hot. I can't say the same for its sauce, though. (Oooor, maybe the wings were too good for me to even notice the sauce? Gahd, I shouldn't be allowed to write about food.)

Anyway, we'll be back really really soon, I hope. When bes doesn't have work and when I'm not running low on energy.



Alexei's Diner & Cafe
#7 Gil Fernando Ave. (near Blue Wave-Marquinton)
901-4674