Oct 22, 2011

Satur-date

I was really craving for isaw for, I guess, more than a month now. So when a couple-friend asked us if we wanted to join them for isaw at Aling Rosie's, girlfriend and I gamely agreed. 1, because, AGAIN, I was craving for isaw. And 2, (this reason she doesn't actually know), because I wanted to get out of the house and spend time with my friends.

I know, I know. When you get into a relationship it doesn't mean you shut the door off on your friends. But I'm really not the type to go lounging around in coffee shops and shopping in malls and drinking in bars with other people anymore. I've been reduced to this I'll-go-if-girlfriend-goes type. It's one of the signs of co-dependence, I know, but don't worry. I am still the same independent, non-submissive, totally assertive person. I just choose3 to spend most of my time with her. 

So anyway, our couple-friend, girlfriend's brother, girlfriend, and I went to Aling Rosie's for sticks and sticks and sticks of isaw ng baboy, isaw ng manok, and dugo. Yuuuum.

(Source: Calvalcade)

*Posting a picture to people who haven't seen/heard/tasted (BOO!) isaw befpre :) And also, for those people who have and love it and I'm pretty sure will crave/are craving for it too. :P

After Aling Rosie's, girlfriend and I took them to a nearby place for amazingly yummy milk teas - Moonleaf Tea Shop, of course!

Girlfriend and I were big fans of this tea shop ever since it first opened it's store in Magiting St., near the famed Maginhawa St. And even when they opened a much bigger store in Maginhawa, we still get our teas in the original store. And since we live in Marikina, we get our tea fix not as usual as we could possibly want. So when we saw the Moonleaf logo on a space in front of OLOPSC a few days before the store opened in it's new site in Marikina, we were beyond ecstatic!It literally is just a couple or (five) streets away from Girlfriend's house, and the hospital where she works, so, double yay! :)

Moonleaf Tea Shop - Marikina

Girlfriend ordering my favorite: Wintermelon Milk Tea (she got the Hakka Milk Tea)

The Marikina branch is patterned after the original one in Magiting St., minus the blackboard where the menu is written in (in colorful chalk s'yempre). Same white tables, black countertop and splotches of green color here and there. Plus, they also have the freedom board (cork board) where customers can post messages and what-nots from pens and paper they can get from the counter. Oh, a word of advice - if you plan to stay long, bring a cardigan or a shawl, or something if you easily get cold. :)

Anyway, it was a really really fun afternoon. Hoping we could do it again sometime this week, *fingers crossed*, if, of course, schedule permits. Sheesh to adult life and its accompanying stress. But yay to adult life and the paycheck that comes with it.